Full Time. Term Time only
Salary – Band 6/7 NJC Equivalent
Location – St John’s RC School, Turpins Lane, Woodford Bridge, Essex. IG8 8AX.
St John’s RC school is a non-maintained special needs school offering a specialist education to students aged 5 – 19, with a wide range of needs, including moderate to severe learning difficulties, ASD and associated speech, language and communication needs.
We are looking to strengthen our current team and wish to recruit a full time, term time only, Speech and Language Therapist, with experience of working in schools. Working within our therapies team, you will provide specialist Speech and Language Therapy to our children and young people, working collaboratively with the school’s staff to promote students’ independence, wellbeing, and supporting communication across the curriculum.
You will have responsibility for assessments, Education and Health Care Plans, and delivering diverse and effective support for a wide range of complex communication needs.
As a qualified Speech and Language Therapist, the following criteria is essential:
- Recognised and relevant Speech and Language Therapy degree and HCPC registration.
- Experience within our specialist client group.
- Knowledge of a range of assessment tools and evidence of skilled application.
- Experience of multi professional work within a range of settings.
- Knowledge and experience of AAC preferable.
Employee Benefits include:
- Outer London Weighting Allowance.
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured.
- Commitment to CPD.
- Supportive team.
For an application pack please contact the school office on 020 8504 1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 2nd February 2018.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.