The Family Support worker works closely with the school’s leadership team, teaching staff, external agencies, families and young people in the school to ensure emotional wellbeing needs are met.
The aims of the Family Support Worker are to:
- Help families by giving them practical help, advice and emotional support.
- Provide a listening ear to both students and their families/caregivers.
- Assess families’ needs on an individual basis.
- Work with social workers to gain a well-rounded view of any difficulties parents and children are facing.
- Give parents the tools to help themselves – to get the best outcome for their children and the family.
- Provide home visits or meetings in school/college to discuss any issues or concerns.
- Sign-post to various different services.