Academic Year 2018/19
St Johns PE Primary and Sports premium
This premium is an amount of £500 per qualifying pupil which must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. It is intended to facilitate the Department of Education vision which aims that all pupils leaving primary school should be physically literate and should possess the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
In the previous year the amount allocated was £19,493. This amount was used in part to pay for the following, money fund raised by the school was added to the PE premium to enable the following
- The complete regeneration of an area of the school into a sensory playground and bike track.
- The installation of a playground area that allows our students to develop their gross and fine motor skills
In addition the following activities took place;
- Weekly movement sessions in Sherborne movement.
- The continued implementation of a programme gymnastics for primary aged pupils with the most complex needs.
- An increase in the numbers of young people taking an even more active part in physical activities.
- A greater number of lunchtime sporting clubs and groups for primary aged pupils are now on offer.
The impact of the pupil PE and Sports premium;
- Sherbourne continues be an integral part of the PE curriculum, assisting in fostering a positive relationship between students and staff.
- Students are now able to complete in inclusive games against other schools.
- Some of the new equipment is used by the occupational therapist working with our young people to develop fine and gross motor skills as well as balance and coordination.
- We are now able to host a number of multi sporting events with other local primary schools which has a direct impact on the physical development of our students
- All primary students are now able have access swimming lessons during their time primary years.